The mark of a great coach is the ability to adjust during the game. It’s not easy, and it takes a lot of experience. Adjusting your football run defense is no difference.
Unfortunately, a lot of the football run defense adjustments you make won’t work, just because the team you’re playing is flat-out better than you. Those game winning adjustments will be few and far between, no matter how good you are.
But there’s a chance. You will win some games in your career because of great adjustments for your football run defense.
Football Run Defense Tips in This Episode
- What to look for during the game to decide on needed adjustments
- How to build a library of potential adjustments for your football run defense to be ready for anything. We’ll look at adjusting for problems with individual players, and for your overall defensive scheme.
- Preparing your football team for the run defense adjustments that you might use during the game (you always need to think one step ahead in your game planning!)
- When to make adjustments on your defense, and when you should stick with the plan.
- How to install a last-minute football run defense adjustment with your players that still allows them to play fast.
Links in This Show